There are some great things happening this weekend in the neighborhood that you’ll want to check out! For the complete list of events happening in the neighborhood be sure to check out the Events Calendar.
- The Seward Concert Band will be performing at Roosevelt High School. Tickets are available at the door and refreshments will follow. ($6)
- Live music at Harriet Brewing with Good Diction and Luke Warm and the Cool Hands. The show starts at 7 p.m.
- Bring your snowshoes (or borrow a pair from the park) to Coldwater Spring for a buckthorn clean-up session. Enjoy a hike, conversation about winter wildlife, and a chance to learn a bit about the park’s history all while cleaning out some of the woods.
- Our nearby neighbors at Powderhorn Park are holding the seventh annual Art Sled Rally! Create your own artistic contraptions and ride them down the hills of Powderhorn Park. If sledding isn’t your thing, come and cheer on participants on the sidelines.
- Three of the authors of Lines of Work will be at Boneshaker Books for a book release party. The book offers a rare look at life and social relationships viewed from the cubicle, cash register, hospital, factory, and job site.
- The Zacc Harris Trio will be performing classic jazz at the Riverview Wine Bar.
- A financial management workshop for artists will be held at the East Lake Library. Learn how to set up financial books, a budget, and develop cash flow statements. (Free, preregister)
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.