It’s the weekend! There are some great things happening in the neighborhood. For the complete list of events be sure to check out the Events Calendar.
- Follow the moonlit trail along Minnehaha Creek to the Mississippi River on snowshoes. After the hike, head back to the bonfire and roast marshmallows. Snowshoes provided. ($5 per person/$15 per family)
- Hear a slide lecture by artists at the Northern Clay Center. The talk will feature Jerome Ceramic Artist grant recipients, Fogelberg Studio fellows, a Red Wing Collectors awardee, and an Anonymous Potter Studio fellow.
- It’s Jr. Ranger Day at Coldwater Spring. Kids will learn about animal tracks and earn their Junior Ranger badge.
- The women behind Beez Kneez are offering a three-part series of classes on beekeeping. In this class, you’ll learn about the equipment needed to keep bees. ($35)
- Speculative fiction writer David Fingerman will be reading from his book of scary short stories at Moon Palace Books.
- Gospel blues man Leo Welch just released his first album at 81. He’s traveled from Sabougla, Mississippi to Minnesota for a short tour. See him perform live at Hymie’s Vintage Records.
- The Longfellow Community Council is hosting it’s annual winter warming party. It will be a night of art, music, and food. Get to know the LCC staff and board and mingle with your neighbors.
- Learn how to market your artwork and identify your target audience in this morning workshop at the library. Free, registration required.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.