Small Business Saturday is a great excuse to get out and support all of the unique shops we have right in our neighborhood. You can avoid the crazy shopping mall frenzy, large parking ramps, and much of the mass produced products by going local. We’re compiling a list of all of the events and sales happening at local shops in the neighborhood. Keep in mind that a lot of the shops will be offering sales all weekend long, not just on Saturday.
If you know of something that happening that’s not on our list, let us know and we’ll add it.
- Buy one pot and get another of equal or lesser value for 50% off! Gift wrapping is available. Saturday hours: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 4206 E. 34th Street.
- 10% off all vintage items. Saturday hours: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. 3911 Minnehaha Ave.
- Junket has doubled in size and is celebrating with a Grand Expansion Celebration this weekend. It has added 12 highly-sought vendors and artists to its space and will be selling upcycled art and treasures. Saturday hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. 4047 Minnehaha Ave.
- While Lake Coffee House isn’t having any specific promotion, we did hear from one frequent customer that its baklava is delicious and very reasonable at $0.50. Stop in a get an espresso drink and a little treat to power through a day of shopping. 3223 E. Lake Street.
- Longfellow resident Emily Sexton is the owner of Mama Nosh, an online business that specializes in lactation cookies for breastfeeding mamas. She’s offering 10% off all cookie orders and gift certificates through Cyber Monday. If you’ve got a breastfeeding mama in your life, this would be a great gift.
- Has a full stock of Christmas trees, greens, and poinsettias. Pottery and other select items will be on sale. 4461 Minnehaha Ave.
- Thanks for Shopping Indie Sale: Buy any two select titles and get a $10 gift certificate. The first 15 customers on Saturday who spend $25 will get a free Shop Small tote bag. Saturday hours: 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. 2820 E. 33rd St.
- Has a special holiday themed show. Is also selling coffee kits, tea kits, and breakfast kits that include Peace coffee, Verdant tea, and granola from the Birchwood Cafe. Saturday hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. 2424 Franklin Ave E.
- Early release of its seasonal Snowshoe Brew, with a tasting from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. 3262 Minnehaha Ave.
- Offering $5 off your $25 purchase. Saturday hours: 12 – 6 p.m. 3456 Minnehaha Ave.
- Tea Release Party. Will be releasing a dozen new teas that just arrived, fresh from harvest. There will be tea tastings, snacks, and special deals. At 6:30 p.m. enjoy live music. Saturday hours: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. 2111 E. Franklin Ave.
Welna II Ace Hardware
- Offering in-store specials on many items, up to 75% off. Saturday hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. 2201 E. Franklin Ave.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.