There are some fun events happening this weekend and into the week ahead. Next Thursday in particular is jam-packed with activities. This is just a glimpse into all of the neighborhood activities. For the full list of events, see our complete calendar with all of the details.
- Tonight there’s a gloriously nerdy reading happening at Moon Palace Books. Don’t miss the work of BL Pawelek, Carrie Lorig, Seth Berg, and Ben Tanzer.
- The Seward Concert Band is performing at Roosevelt High School.
- Get your bike winter ready at Spoke’s open shop. Their bike tools and stands are free to use, plus you might be able to get a helping hand from one of the shop’s mechanics.
- The Fattenin’ Frogs will be performing their roots rock and roll on the Harriet Brewing stage.
- Learn how to create a winter container display for your front step at Mother Earth Gardens. Registration includes the class and materials. ($45)
- Aldine will be performing music from their debut album, Lanford and will be screening a music video produced by youth participants in the MN Independent Film Project.
- Participate in a discussion with Geoff Mann on his new book Disassembly Required: A Field Guide to Actually Existing Capitalism at Boneshaker Books.
- Attend the Lake Street Council’s yearly fundraiser, a Wine & Beer Tasting and auction.
- Kristy Allen and Erin Rupp from the Beez Kneez will lead a workshop on the basics of Urban Bee Keeping.
- It’s the screening and awards ceremony for the City and Neighborhood Film Festival at Riverview Theater. The competition was open to pros and amateurs and prizes total $14,000.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to email@example.com, and we will post your event details.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.