Welcome to November (it’s hard to believe!). There are a lot of great things happening this weekend and week ahead that you will not want to miss. For the full list of events, see our complete calendar with all of the details.
- Live music at Harriet Brewing. Jack Klatt and the Cat Swingers perform. MPR noted, “Klatt melds burlesque, blues and gypsy jazz in a way that inspires good vibes no matter what’s being sung about.”
- The personal permaculture series with Transition Longfellow continues with the topic: Use Edges and Value the Marginal. Learn ways to create sustainable human environments that work with, rather than against, nature.
- Longfellow Offices celebrates its grand opening with free massages, refreshments, and prizes. Read more about the renovated space.
- Spend your afternoon blissed out at Harriet Brewing. Start off with an all-levels yoga session, followed by a brewery tour and beer. Stay for live music and the food truck. Yoga + Beer = Bliss.
Sunday (daylight saving time ends)
- Fall back for daylight saving time, which ends early Sunday morning. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to sneak in an extra hour of sleep.
- It’s the annual Chili Cook-off! All you can eat chili, corn bread from Zeke’s, dessert from Fireroast Cafe, activities for kids, and a gorgeous door prize from Forage. The event is a fundraiser to help purchase new signs and banners for the greater Longfellow neighborhood with the new branding.
- Learn how to reduce your vulnerability to assault and robbery in this free personal safety workshop held by Mary Brandl from Midwest Karate.
- Election day! Polls are open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- The Seward Neighborhood Group is holding its Annual Meeting. Learn about its strategic plan for the next three years, enjoy a potluck dinner, and participate in a silent action.
- Forage is hosting an Exhibit Party for a series of collaborative printmaking done by local artists. The work is described as “a whimsical trio of prints set somewhere between the barnyard and the prairie”
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.