There have been so many inspiring stories and fun events from the neighborhood, it’s hard to know which were our favorites to cover.
One year ago, we set out to bring daily news to our neighbors in Longfellow and Seward. What we didn’t realize at the time was what a whirlwind of experiences we were stepping into. It’s an honor to meet so many of the amazing people that make up our community and tell their story. But, really, it’s the community’s story – and the one thing we’ve found is that most everyone we meet is working to make our neighborhood better – in big and small ways. So keep it up! Y’all are an inspiration.
We plan on keeping up our end of the bargain – sharing great stories and working to connect neighbors to make our community stronger. Be sure to keep up with all of the latest news:
Help us spread the word – let your friends and neighbors know about My Broadsheet.
To ensure we can continue to bring you the best news on a near-daily basis, we’re partnering with local businesses. These business support the work of My Broadsheet and are all about building a strong community. In the next couple weeks, we’ll be adding advertisements for these businesses to the right-hand side of the page. We’re working hard to make sure the website stays as clean and easy-to-read as possible, while still promoting our sponsors. Be sure to support the local businesses that sponsor My Broadsheet, and let them know you saw their ad here!
Top 10 Stories from the Year
Have you seen these stories? If not, check them out. What were your favorites stories from the year?
- Sign Painters: Painting the World They Want to See
- Verdant Tea: Leaves, Water, and a Good Brew
- Forage: Behind the Scenes
- Longfellow Market plans to open on East Lake Street, project update
- Botanical Art School Moves to Longfellow
- Cooperation is for Everyone: A Look at the Seward Co-op
- Treasures are Found at Junket
- Minnehaha Avenue Reconstruction: Cycle Tracks or Bike Lanes?
- Growing Lots Urban Farm: Growing in the Least Likely of Places
- The Beez Kneez Honey House: What Everyone’s Buzzing About
We’re looking forward to our second year of great events, great neighbors, and great stories!
Rebekah & Mitch
P.S. If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.