The weekend is almost here, and it’s going to be a good one! This is just a partial list of everything happening in the neighborhood – for more events, be sure to check out our complete events calendar.
- The East Lake Library’s adult book clubs will discuss mystery novel Guardian of the Horizon by Elizabeth Peters. All are welcome to join in the discussion.
- Get your blues and brews fix at Harriet Brewing. Local Rhythm will take the stage at 7 p.m., followed by Nathan Miller & Unstoppable Co. at 9 p.m.
- Sweet Gravitii performs at Minnehaha Falls. Enjoy a beautiful summer evening and catch some live music at the park.
- No more naked dogs! Longfellow Grill is holding a fundraiser to purchase protective vests for MPD K-9s. Hang out on the patio, meet a police K-9, win some great prizes, and help raise money for the police dogs.
- Teens who like to play Magic: The Gathering are invited to the East Lake Library for the afternoon to play and learn new tips and tricks.
- Open Streets Longfellow is here! Minnehaha Avenue will be closed to vehicle traffic from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come out and check out all of the fun activities that are planned – live music, dog yoga, outdoor theater, hula hooping, skateboarding, and so much more. Check out the Open Streets map with all of the activities. Don’t forget to stop by the My Broadsheet/Longfellow Business Association table near Peace Coffee when you first arrive to pick up your Bingo card to play a round of Photo Bingo!
- Meet at Spokes for a bike ride to Open Streets Longfellow. All experience levels are welcome.
- With lots of fresh produce at the market and in the garden, now is the time to start canning. Learn how to do hot water bath canning at Bethany Lutheran Church. RSVP for the event.
Coming Up This Week
- World renowned guitar virtuoso Fareed Haque performs at Whiskey Junction. Tickets: $12 at the door.
- Take a summer stroll with a park ranger to the oak savanna prairie at Coldwater Spring.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to email@example.com, and we will post your event details.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.