Hey, it’s the weekend, and there are a few things happening in the neighborhood. Be sure to check out our complete events calendar to catch all of the events.
- Get your fix of folk, blues, and roots music at Harriet Brewing. The music starts at 7.
- Catch an outdoor concert at the falls before they’re gone. Tonight, it’s Radio Joe playing vintage swing blues and originals.
- Learn how permaculture – the idea of working with nature, rather than against it – can be applied personally. This month’s personal permaculture talk topic is “Integrate Rather Than Segregate.”
- Dan Mariska and Pete Miller from We are the Willows perform live at Hymie’s for an in-store performance.
- Catch live music on the Mosaic Cafe patio – Jason Fladager (of God Johnson) and Mitch Boerner perform.
Coming Up This Week
- It’s time for the 43rd Annual Corn Feed! Catch live music, games, ice cream, and roasted corn. My Broadsheet will be in the resource fair, so be sure to stop by and say “Hi.”
- National Night Out is Tuesday. Is your block joining the festivities?
- Forage is hosting the Minneapolis American Made Meet Up. If you’re a maker or designer, be sure to attend. Deadline to RSVP with Forage is today (8/2).
- The tradition continues at Riverview Theater. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog plays first, followed by Serenity. Fun times!
- Catch fresh poetry at Boneshaker Books. Poets Mark Berriman, Matt Rassmussen, and Carol Connolly read.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.