Welcome to the weekend! Want to know what’s happening around town? We’ve collected a few of the highlights. Check out the complete events calendar to see everything that’s happening in the neighborhood.
- The Army Corps of Engineers is opening up Lock and Dam 1 for an open house. Take a tour and meet Seamoor, the Corps’ water safety serpent.
- Swing band the Twin Cities Jazz Cats takes the stage at Minnehaha Falls for a free outdoor concert.
- Reading by Nathan McKay from his new chapbook Paper Boats at Boneshaker Books.
- It’s the Eat Local Farm Tour! Travel to local farms in and around the city to learn more about small and large farms growing vegetables and raising livestock. Stop at Seward Co-op to pick up a guide book, or find it online.
- Visit Northern Clay Center for its summer open house. BBQ picnic, competitive feats of clay, hands-on workshops, and demos.
- Live music at Harriet Brewing starts at 3 p.m. – Taylor Robert, String Theory, Traveled Ground, and No Man’s String Band.
- Guitar master George Scot McKelvey performs at Mosaic Cafe.
Your Week Ahead
- Earth Day Clean Up Reboot – it seems so long ago, but the original clean-up was snowed out. Meet at West River Parkway and 36th St.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to email@example.com, and we will post your event details.
If you like My Broadsheet, help us spread the word and tell your neighbors and friends. Don’t forget you can get these stories and more on Facebook.