Every month we round-up all of the business news that you might have missed. Check out what our local businesses have been up to in the past month.
- This past weekend, pilates studio Flourish moved into its new digs across from Turtle Bread on the corner of 42nd Ave S and 34th St E.
- Comic book shop Nostalgia Zone moved from it’s previous location on 36th to a store-front at 3535 East Lake Street. Look for our upcoming interview with Nostalgia’s owner. (Not sure how we missed this one! Thanks to reader Jim Mork for the tip.)
- Ice cream shop Franklin Freeze opened for the summer season with new partners – Fayez Elmakarhi and Louie Kader who are bringing Middle Eastern fare to the plate.
- Filmzilla, one of the last video store holdouts, closed it’s doors.
- New French Bakery’s Peter Kelsey was named MN Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Association.
- Local businesses were recognized in the Star Tribune’s Best of 2013 list: Best Nod to Dairyland went to Parka, Best Alternative to Movie Multiplexes was given to Trylon Microcinema, and the Best Place to Learn About Wine was awarded to the Riverview Wine Bar. Our neighbor the Mississippi River received Best Paddling in the Twin Cities.
If you know of a business that has moved or opened – or if you hear other news – let us know and we’ll follow up. Shoot us an email at email@example.com.