Welcome to Your Week Ahead! Find out upcoming registration and deadline info for local programs and classes, discover the perfect volunteer opportunity, and hear about road closures and construction projects planned for the week.
Community Programs & Deadlines
- The date for the Longfellow Corn Feed has been set. Mark your calendars for August 8th from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Register your bike with the Minneapolis Police Department by calling 311, using the 311 phone app, or by registering your bike online. You’ll need the bike’s serial number, and its make and model.
- Outgoing and friendly volunteers are needed at the Minnehaha Depot at Minnehaha Park. There are a few requirements for the job, including an interest in local history, strong communication skills, and the ability to make people feel welcome. Contact Aaron Novodvorsky at 612-759-6943 or email@example.com for more information.
- This coming Saturday (6/6) West River Parkway from Franklin Ave to Godfrey Parkway will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for the Liz Logelin Foundation 5K and 10K.
- Road construction continues in the Cooper neighborhood – some streets may be blocked off this week so be prepared for some detours.
If you have a volunteer opportunity or program that should be on this calendar, be sure to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.