Biking events, garage sales, Danish day – there’s so much happening we can’t list it all here. As always, be sure to check out our events calendar for the complete list of everything happening this weekend in Longfellow and Seward.
- Grab your picnic blanket because the summer music in the park series has started at Minnehaha Falls Park. Tonight the funk, jazz fusion group Hubcap will be playing.
- It’s youth night at Spokes. Teens are welcome to stop by the shop with their bike and use the workshop, tools, and get assistance from the mechanics.
- It’s garage sale day! Do you have your route planned out? Printed maps are available at neighborhood coffee shops. Prefer to go digital? Here’s an online map. There will also be community sales at Sanford, Junket, and Forage. Get all of the garage sale details.
- Wanting to learn basic bike maintenance skills, how to do diagnostic checks, and true your wheel? Spokes is offering a free, four-week class that starts on Saturday. Be sure to pre-register for the class.
- Spend your afternoon on the Greenway taking courses on bike safety and city bike riding, demoing bikes, and checking out info tables. There will also be events for kids, including building a birdhouse, face painting, and an obstacle course.
- It must be biking season, because there’s a third bike event on Saturday. N2Living is hosting a free presentation by former pro cyclist, turned physical therapist Mike Slavics on how to prevent cycling overuse injuries.
- Danish Day kicks off at 10:30 with Danish food booths. See the new Jens Jensen exhibit, watch mock Viking battles, make jewelry, hear traditional songs, and enjoy a traditional Smørrebrød lunch. Kids activities include arts and crafts projects. Admission is $4. Lunch is $14.
- Learn about straw bale gardening with author Joel Karsten at Moon Palace Books.
Coming Up This Week
- Celebrate everything that is great about Longfellow at the fourth annual Community Warming Party at Sea Salt in Minnehaha Park. Bring your family, everyone is welcome.
- Author Doug Mack talks about his adventures in Europe and his recent book Europe on Five Wrong Turns a Day.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.