Welcome to Your Week Ahead. Find out upcoming registration and deadline info for local programs and classes, discover the perfect volunteer opportunity, and hear about road closures and construction projects planned for the week.
Community Programs & Deadlines
- Articulture is looking for teens to participate in a public art mosaic project. Help create an original design and prep the mosaic for installation. Work with other teens, professional artists, and community members. Contact Elizabeth Greenbaum at 612-729-5151 or email@example.com for more information.
- Registration is open for Northern Clay Center’s kid camps and adult classes. All skill levels are welcome.
- Register your Longfellow business with the Longfellow Business Association to ensure you are included in the 2014 Business Directory. Deadline is this Friday, May 31st.
- The date is set (8/6) and registration is open for National Night Out. You’ll need permission from 75% of your neighbors to approve street closure. If you register by July 23rd, blocking off your street is free.
- Volunteers are needed to help build Howe’s new playground this Thursday, the 30th from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Work alongside neighbors, the Vikings, and the Toro Company to build a playground in one day.
- The Cooper road resurfacing project continues, watch for construction between Lake Street and 34th Street and 36th Avenue and Edmund Blvd.
- The West River Parkway project is almost complete. Finishing touches are being done, including sealing the pavement to prevent cracking.
If you have a volunteer opportunity or program that should be on this calendar, be sure to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.