How could this weekend be bad with spring finally here? We’ve got lots of great activities to get you out in the sunshine. As always, check the events calendar for the complete collection of everything that’s happening in our neighborhoods.
- Start your morning off with breakfast and a Ward 9 City Council Candidate Forum at Mercado Central. All of the candidates have been invited and are ready to answer your questions.
- Rummage sale season is kicking off with the 10,000 Things sale at Minnehaha Free Space. Find spring and summer clothes, tools, jewelry, kitchenware, and other treasures.
- The Hub bike shop is Spokes’ new neighbor. The shop is opening its doors tomorrow and is celebrating with a grand opening complete with live music, games, food, and player pianos.
- Swing by Sanford to help clean up the school’s grounds. The seventh grade Wildcats will be providing snacks, coffee, and water to volunteers.
- East Lake Library is celebrating Children’s Day with the “Lupita no quiere dormir” puppet show. Be sure to check out the puppets made by students from El Camino at Anderson United.
- Take a farm tour, sample greens and shoots, and see a demo by Beez Kneez at Growing Lots Urban Farm’s open house. Special garden-themed activities are planned for young attendees.
- Get inspired while touring neighborhood houses on the free Minneapolis/St. Paul Home Tour.
- Glass Endeavors is holding its 15th Annual Glass Art Show. Head over to the shop to see the beautiful, sunlit artwork.
- Several LoLa artists will be hosting a spring sale of pottery, jewelry, hand-bound books, hand-blown glass, and textiles.
- While a fireside chat suddenly seems so last season, learning about Wonderland Amusement Park from the early 1900′s sounds like an interesting way to spend the afternoon.
- North Shore songwriter Barbara Jean is stopping by Hymie’s for an afternoon in-store performance of “roots-rich Minnesota-style country.”
Coming Up This Week
- The first annual symposium on World Peace through Law with speaker David Brink, the Father of the World American Bar Association – spreading justice, law, and democracy all over the world.
- Ward 9 City Council Candidates Forum, your second opportunity to meet the candidates and ask them your burning questions.
- Pierrepont Hicks is hosting a Tenenbaums Style Happy Hour at Forage – be sure to wear your best costume.
- Anne of Green Gables will be performed at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? We want to know about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.