With so many awesome things happening this weekend, we couldn’t list them all here. Check our events calendar for the full schedule.
- A busy night at St. Albert the Great’s fish fry can mean 800 people. Fortunately, dinner starts at 4:30 so you can go early and try to avoid the crowds of people wanting to get in on the lightly-battered tilapia and “church-lady” desserts.
- Minnesota Monthly thinks that the folk band Brian Laidlaw & The Family Trade are the next big thing. Judge for yourself at an evening in-store performance at Hymie’s.
- If you’re a George Harrison fan, head on over to Harriet Brewing. The Tommy Bentz Band will be doing covers in honor of his upcoming birthday.
- Matt Yetter will perform old-time slide guitar blues at the Riverview Cafe.
- The National Park Service will be hosting a special event for photographers at Coldwater Spring. Bring your camera and spend some time capturing the natural beauty of the park.
- Do you know how to work a paint brush? Hammer? Broom? Spokes is opening up a bike co-op this spring and needs help prepping the space. Head on over and lend a hand.
- If like us, you’re dealing with a nasty case of cabin fever, Boneshaker Books might just be the cure. They’ve started up Saturday Storytime, and it is promised to be better than ever.
- Hip Hop Against Homophobia is back in Minneapolis and will be performing at Patrick’s Cabaret with “music to make you dance and lyrics to make you think.”
- Minneapolis teen hip-hop duo The Reel has an in-store performance at Hymie’s.
- Sunday at Merlins Rest, Jake & Friends will be performing, followed up by quiz night.
Want to know what’s happening during the week? Be sure to check out our complete calendar for all of the events in our hood.
Do you have an event coming up that you’d like to see added to our calendar? Don’t be shy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post your event details.